I have just had the opportunity for my well loved suede leather boots to undergo a 'Shoe Revival' with Mr Minit. It's an inexpensive service for your shoes which can extend their life so well worth doing. You can see here the before and after.
Mister Minit's Top 10 Shoe Tips
- Clean and polish weekly.
- Leather is like skin and requires moisturising. Use a leather conditioner to nourish the leather.
- Repair high heels early so you don’t damage the heel block if rubber is too worn down.
- Add a saver sole to new shoes to protect the soles, help stop slipping and make leather soled shoes last longer.
- Waterproof shoes on a regular basis to protect from spills and stains.
- For suede shoes, use a suede brush to help lift off dirt and ensure the nap is laying in the right direction.
- For a quick fix – use an instant shine. Great for work shoes especially if you are running into an important meeting.
- If your shoes get wet, dry at room temperature rather than in the sun or in front of the heater.
- Always undo the buckles on your shoes when taking them off or putting them on to prevent the elastic from stretching and breaking.
- Love Patent Leather shoes? - To repair nicks and scuff marks, colour with a marker pen the same colour as the patent leather. Once the colour sinks in, paint over with a very light coat of clear nail polish. r pics for my well loved suede leather boots.